No, these are not muffins with corn flour; they are made with real corn! The idea came from the habit that we use coconut milk, olive oil and sesame seeds together in salty dishes very often. So why can’t we use them in sweet things? It sounds strange at first, but it does work.
Corn and mango muffins with sesame seeds or with pistachio and pineapple heavy cream
For the Corn and Mango muffins:
- 2 eggs
- 100 g brown sugar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 165 ml coconut milk
- 200 g boiled corn
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 mango (cut to cubes)
To the top:
- Sesame seeds or whipped heavy cream and pineapple jam and pistachio
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar with an electric mixer. Pour the oil gradually while stirring it continuously. Add the coconut milk, the corn and the salt to the batter, then purée it with an immersion blender.
- Sieve together the flour and the baking powder. Stir them with the batter, and then fold the mango cubes into the mixture.
- Fill the cavities of the muffin pan with the batter.
- Sprinkle them with sesame seeds and put in the oven. Or simply bake the muffins; wait until they are at room temperature. Mix whipped cream with pineapple jam and add this on the top of the muffins. Finally sprinkle them with pistachio.