Feel free to have some ice cream even at Christmas time…
Coconut ice cream sandwich in ginger cookies, with strawberry sauce
For the coconut ice cream:
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 60 g coconut flakes
- 50 ml coconut liqueur
- 150 ml condensed milk
For the strawberry sauce:
- 250 g strawberry, blended in a food processor
- 50 g sugar
For the sandwiches:
- ginger cookies
1. On moderate heat, cook the mixture of egg yolks, sugar and 50 ml whipping cream for 5 minutes until it turns into a thick cream.
2. Warm the coconut milk, add the coconut flakes and let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the coconut liqueur and the condensed milk to the egg yolk mixture, then add the mixture of coconut milk and coconut flakes, as well.
4. Whip the remaining 200 ml whipping cream and fold it to the coconut mixture. Freeze the mixture in the ice cream maker.
5. Cook the ingredients of the strawberry sauce on moderate heat and stirring continuously for 10 minutes, until it thickens.
6. Fill the ice cream between the ginger cookies and serve the sandwiches with the strawberry sauce.