Well, I am not sure that a “cute, refreshing tartlet with lime” – as a decent food blogger should say – would be the perfect dessert for Christmas, but it would definitely be a good decision for lunatics! So lunatics, please have a look at my blog!
Cottage cheese tartlets with caramelized lime
For the tartlets:
- 165 g flour
- 1-2 g salt
- 120 g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 90 g sugar
- 1 egg
For the cottage cheese filling:
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 75 g sour cream
- 75 g powdered sugar
- ½ lemon’s zest
For the caramelized lime:
- 150 g sugar
- 12 slices of lime
- 6 slices of lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. In a bowl combine the flour with the salt. Add the butter and work this mixture with your hands into crumbles. Add the sugar and the egg and knead the dough until it detaches from the bowl. On a surface thoroughly sprinkled with flour, roll the dough to a thickness of 2-3 mm and garnish six buttered tartlet moulds with the crust. Put the moulds into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Line the tartlets with baking paper and weight with e.g. beans and bake them for 15-25 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, remove the beans and bake the shells without them until they turn golden brown.
3. Mix the ingredients of the cottage cheese filling with an electric mixer until creamy, then fill the tartlets with the cottage cheese cream.
4. Caramelize the sugar, then add 200 ml hot water and let the caramel simmer for 10 minutes. Add the slices of lime and lemon and continue to simmer the caramel for 2 minutes. In the end, place the caramelized lime and lemon slices with the caramel sauce on the top of the tartlets.
The recipe yields 6 small tartlets or 1 large tart.