This is a typical stir-fry dish with an oriental flavour, with chicken, rice noodles, soy sauce and mango, which makes it even more interesting. A nice friend of mine has already tried my recipe, she added some grated garlic as well – it is always such a strange feeling when somebody tries my recipes, even eats them and then also leaves a comment for me - anyway, adding some garlic was a very good idea. Next time I would also do it this way.
And if you are interested in photography (in my simple way), please take a moment to look at my new blog: Someway thru a lens
Thai chicken & mango stir-fry
- 400 g chicken breast (sliced)
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 + 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 big carrot (julienned)
- 80 g rice noodles
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 small mango (julienned)
- salt, pepper
1. Mix 2 tbsp. olive oil with the chicken and the sesame seeds, then fry it on 1 tbsp. oil in two instalments until golden brown. In the last minute of the frying add 1 tbsp. honey to both portions. Remove the chicken from the pan and wipe out the remaining honey from it to prevent burning.
2. On the remaining oil fry the carrot in a way that it would stay crunchy in the middle.
3. Put the rice noodles in hot salty (but not boiling) water for 2 minutes. When they are ready, mix them immediately with the sesame oil.
4. Mix all the ingredients.